Extended Project Qualification
The Extended Project Qualification (EPQ) is a well established and exciting course which allows students to extend their student beyond their A Level courses and prepare for university / future careers. Research has show that students who complete an EPQ achieve better outcomes in their other A level subjects and higher education.
The EQP allows students to embark on a self-directed and self-motivated project. Students must choose a topic, plan, research and develop their idea and decide on a 'finished' product. The 'finished product' can take a variety of forms including:
- A research based written report (5000 words)
- A research based artefact with report (1000 - 1500 words)
Within school we support students with EPQ through:
- Taught lessons in groups
- A dedicated supervisor who will monitor and provide advice throughout
- Additional drop in support with EPQ co-ordinator
- Access to Project Q: a computer program designed specifically for organising and tracking EPQ work
EPQ will be completed in Year 12 with most students submitting their finished projects at the end of term 4.