- Study Programme
- Overview of core programme
Overview of core programme
The Sixth Form Core Programme
At Cherwell, we offer a core programme that we believe maximises students’ opportunities, choices and success both with us and beyond their time at school.
We provide a friendly and stimulating environment in which students achieve the highest standards in their work and benefit from a variety of other activities and opportunities. Students enjoy an excellent curriculum that offers a wide choice of A Level subjects and an Extended Project Qualification (an independent research project completed in Year 12).
The school aims of opportunity, responsibility and excellence underpin our commitment to provide opportunities for all our students to succeed and to be well prepared for the future.
Our curriculum is designed to equip students a wide range of experiences and skills, as well as excellent qualifications, in order to enable the very best progression to higher education, training or employment.
The typical study programme includes:
• Three full A Level courses*
• An Extended Project Qualification (EPQ)
• Social Wellbeing Programme
• A tutorial programme, including a weekly assembly and daily tutor time
• Beyond Cherwell programme and award
• A ‘World of Work’ programme
• Electives (a timetabled extra-curricular activity)
• Opportunities to take part in a range of other extracurricular activities, including Duke of Edinburgh Award, International partnerships through our European Parliament Ambassador School (EPAS) status, Sports Leadership, Arts Award and volunteering opportunities through the ‘Cherwell Changemakers’ staff-student networks.
* Some students may study more than three courses. For instance, students who follow a programme which includes Mathematics and Further Mathematics will study four A Levels.